[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs doesn't

Normen Müller normen.mueller at googlemail.com
Thu May 13 09:18:46 EDT 2010

He,

On May 13, 2010, at 2:34 PM, David Reitter wrote:
>> I have installed the latest Aquamacs 2.0 and Skim 1.3.6 (54) but Aquamacs doesn't open up Skim for PDF viewing in LaTeX mode.  If Skim is not already running Aquamacs opens up Preview (that's fine), but if Skim is running all I get is
>>
>> aquamacs-call-viewer <linenumber> <filename>
>
> I suspect you have a configuration causing AUCTeX to ask you for confirmation when calling the viewer, or something else is breaking it.
> Please try to run Aquamacs without customizations via the Help->Diagnose menu.
>
> To diagnose this, it would also be important to understand where this "message" is printed, and if you get a chance to edit this in the minibuffer, or if an error message appears.
>
> Correct behavior would be for Aquamacs to fire up your default PDF viewer except when Skim is running, in which case Skim is brought to the front.

I started Aquamacs without customizations .... and it worked!  Which is good on the one hand but bad on the other hand cause now I have the problem what is wrong with my customizations :(

May be you have some time to have a look at my customizations.  I have attached by ``~/.emacs'' and ``customization ``~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/customizations.el''.  If you have some time, please note that I have deleted ``aquamacs-call-viewer'', deleted ``Preview'' and put ``'(TeX-output-view-style (quote (("^pdf$" "." "open -a Skim.app %o"))))'' instead.  But I would like to have the default settings back with adapted customizations.

I would highly appreciate any help!

Thank you very much in advance,
--
Normen Müller