[OS X Emacs] Problems with org-mode

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Nov 11 19:33:35 EST 2010

I'm using the org-mode from git on Aquamacs nightly, and I find that the
agenda doesn't display using the proper faces.

In particular, the DONE items in my daily agenda are displayed with DONE
in red, rather than in the dull green they should be (org-done-face).
The stuff is being shown (AFAICT using C-u C-x =) in org-todo instead.

I have verified that the same thing happens using the version of org
that comes with Aquamacs.

It does NOT happen when I start Aquamacs without customizations.

Has anyone had experience with this?

The only things I can think of that might help are:

1.  I use my own org-todo-keywords;

2.  I have TRIED not to use auto faces, but I find that when I un-choose
the auto-faces check box (1) aquamacs does NOT prompt me to save options
(2) if I quit and restart the auto-faces check box comes back.

I have tried reading the manual about Aquamacs auto-faces and I confess
to not understanding at all how it relates to the standard emacs faces.
 Is there some explanation of this somewhere that might help me grok it?
 I also confess that I find emacs faces already more than sufficiently
confusing, without adding anything further to the mix! ;-)

I've tried asking on the org-mode mailing list with little success

thanks for any help,