[OS X Emacs] initial and default frame size

Paul Rathouz rathouz at biostat.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 16 11:09:10 EST 2010

Hi -- I have noticed with Aquamacs that the main frame (which is scratch on launch) is bigger than new frames that get opened from the finder.  In my .emacs file, I used to have lisp commands such as:

(setq initial-frame-alist  ...

and

(setq default-frame-alist  ...

but i have commented those out.  What is the best way to have new frames open with the same size as the initial frame?

-- pr

Paul Rathouz, PhD
Professor and Chair
Department of Biostatistics & Medical Informatics
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
K6/446 CSC, Box 4675
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-4675