[OS X Emacs] initial and default frame size

Jack Repenning jrepenning at collab.net
Tue Nov 16 12:52:34 EST 2010

On Nov 16, 2010, at 8:09 AM, Paul Rathouz wrote:

> Hi -- I have noticed with Aquamacs that the main frame (which is scratch on launch) is bigger than new frames that get opened from the finder.

Are they "bigger" in the sense of "more rows and columns"? Or in the sense of "the font is different"?

Generally speaking, there isn't any variation like that by default, so it's something you've done (or, perhaps, something done by something you load). You've already intuited that and removed the *-frame-alist changes, I see (which would control that initial window). Now, look for things that happen late in your set-up, or in things you auto-load. Knowing whether you're looking for a font shift, or a dimension shift, should help you hunt it down (i.e., look for references to "font" or "face" if it's a font change).