[OS X Emacs] next-line at bottom of screen

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 08:25:45 EST 2010

On Nov 21, 2010, at 5:41 AM, Nick Rothwell wrote:

> Next-line doesn't always actually advance to the next line if the cursor is at the bottom of the frame; sometimes the text is shifted slightly (as if to get the bottom line completely into view) but the cursor doesn't move. This is especially noticeable if the frame is not very high.

Thank you, it is a known issue that has its origins deep in GNU Emacs (and is reproducable there).  It has been reported to the Emacs team:

> As an aside, I notice that a "native" Emacs repositions the cursor line to the centre of the frame once it hits either end, whereas Aquamacs doesn't. I'm sure this is a bit of lisp config somewhere, and I might try to modify my Aquamacs to follow suit,

Yes, this works as intended.  Try the customization option (Options menu) that lists all the customization variables that are changed in Aquamacs as opposed to GNU Emacs.