[OS X Emacs] faster aquamacs ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Nov 30 12:11:59 EST 2010

Am 30.11.2010 um 14:20 schrieb David Reitter:

>> You could simply use:
>>
>> 	../Aquamacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs -n --args -q &
>
> Not the officially (by Apple) supported way, and it will also kill
> the Aquamacs process when the parent is killed.

Certainly not! Two "nots", to be exact. (And if you want I can send
you a copy from the Apple bug reports folks who asked me to perform
something like this.) If you did not put something into Aquamacs or
into the (exotic?) shell from which it was launched this way, it will
continue to run.

Maybe you are confused with the "official" way to launch an
*application bundle*:

	open <path to>/ApplicationBundle.app

It may also work to just

	open ApplicationBundle

The latter two forms do *not* accept or read any command line arguments.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Kommt eine Termite in die Bar und fragt: „Ist der Bartender da?“