[OS X Emacs] Re: Aquamacs 2.1: transient-mark-mode going berserk on me

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:17:34 EDT 2010

On Oct 1, 2010, at 10:52 AM, <peter.frings at agfa.com> <peter.frings at agfa.com> wrote:

>> Since we're two at least, may be it will be considered a bug rather than
>> a feature ;-)
>
> Make that three, but I have it on Carbon Emacs. When I'm getting really annoyed by it, I restart emacs. That solves it for a while.

Unless I misunderstand people here: It's a long-standing feature of Emacs.

C-SPC sets and activates the mark.  Thus, you will have an active region which goes between mark and point - moving point will not deactivate it.

A single C-SPC press should deactivate the mark again.  If it really does not, then a proper bug report would be appropriate!

It's quite useful to have, albeit I can see that people might hit C-SPC occasionally by mistake.  Those people could try binding C-SPC to 'ignore, in the appropriate (CUA?) key map.

- D