Re: [OS X Emacs] mapping for meta key…

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 16:02:11 EDT 2010

On Oct 3, 2010, at 3:50 PM, Viktor Hedefalk wrote:
> I've installed keymap4macbook to remap caps lock to ctrl. Then I
> thought that I could emap ctrl to meta with:
>
> (setq mac-control-modifier 'meta)

Well, as you note yourself, this will just create two "control" keys as far as Aquamacs is concerned.

You could try mapping Caps Lock to ESC (keymap4macbook seems to do that), or you could try to see if this tool can remap Caps Lock to just the left or right control key (if you don't use those).  Aquamacs can selectively assign Emacs modifiers to left or right modifier keys.

Finally, Aquamacs has rudimentary support for mapping the Function (Fn) key.

Let me know if you found a solution (or also, if not).