Re: [OS X Emacs] mapping for meta key…

Viktor Hedefalk hedefalk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 02:15:25 EDT 2010

Hi!

Great success. This did it for me:

First I mapped my Caps Lock key to Right Ctrl with external program
PCKeyboardHack. Then I added the following

(setq mac-option-modifier nil)
(setq mac-control-modifier 'meta)
(setq ns-right-contol-modifier 'ctrl)

So now I have Caps Lock as Ctrl, Ctrl (left) as Meta, Alt/Option as
Alt/Option, Command as Command and Esc as Esc. Just how I wanted it.

Thanks for helping out!
/Viktor

P.S.
ns-control-modifier didn't do it for me, but I might have done something wrong?