[OS X Emacs] Re: one-buffer-one-frame-mode strangeness with Spaces

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Oct 26 04:52:40 EDT 2010

Am 26.10.2010 um 01:56 schrieb Ted Middleton:

> So the 'bug' here is the Spaces switch when invoking aquamacs on the
> command line a second time in a different Space.

Skim shows a similar behaviour... Afterwards I have to drag the new
window into the desired space.

The Emacsen allow to start "servers" with which emacsclient utilities
can communicate, for example send Lisp code, create new frames, ask
them to open a buffer to show the file whose name was given to
emacsclient. Maybe this is a way. I see the advantage that in one
instance all frames share the same buffers – and buffers can be saved
in a (desktop) file that, when Emacs is launched again, it opens all
these buffers again.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The next generation of interesting software will be done on the
Macintosh, not the IBM PC.
				– Bill Gates, Nov 1984)