[OS X Emacs] Re: Aquamacs: Minifbuffer strangeness when changing default font

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen jeppe at ingolfs.dk
Sat Oct 30 12:54:54 EDT 2010

David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> writes:

> On Oct 30, 2010, at 8:41 AM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen wrote:
>>
>> 1) How can I globally change the font?
>> 2) How to avoid the minibuffer flicker?
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsFAQ#toc10
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsFAQ#toc9

Thanks, I actually did read that but couldn't make it work. I tried a
little bit harder:

- I can't disable Auto Faces using menu (+ save options). It's always
  enabled if I restart Aquamacs.
  Adding (aquamacs-autoface-mode 0) to Preferences.el solves this issue.

- I can't seem to persist the font change. If I choose
  'Appearance->Font' from the menu (+ save options), the font changes in
  the current session. But restarting Aquamacs returns the font to
  Monaco 12

- Using customize-face default is the same. I've tried cleaning
  "custom-set-faces" from customizations.el before trying to customize
  the default face, but this doesn't change anything.

/Jeppe