[OS X Emacs] Scratch buffer as separate window problem

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:32:36 EDT 2010

I'm new to OSX and Aquamacs.. I'd been using Emacs under xmonad and now I am
working in OSX and trying to get a nice workflow. This caused me to work
with a fullscreen aquamacs so I could just use emacs as my window manager
essentially. The only problem arises because somehow what calls itself the
"scratch buffer" in its title bar becomes a separate window. I say its not
really the scratch buffer since I can not type in this window. Also, if I
minimize that window I can not use the other, real aquamacs, window at all
until I unminimize it.

It is mostly annoying since sometimes when I switch spaces back to the
Aquamacs space this rogue "scratch buffer" window is on top and focused,
meaning I must manually put focus back on the fullscreen aquamacs to
continue working. Maybe that doesn't sound like much but it is very
frustrating :)

Thanks,
Tristan