[OS X Emacs] Scratch buffer as separate window problem

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 13:19:41 EDT 2010

On Sep 16, 2010, at 11:32 AM, Tristan Sloughter wrote:

> I'm new to OSX and Aquamacs.. I'd been using Emacs under xmonad and now I am working in OSX and trying to get a nice workflow. This caused me to work with a fullscreen aquamacs so I could just use emacs as my window manager essentially. The only problem arises because somehow what calls itself the "scratch buffer" in its title bar becomes a separate window. I say its not really the scratch buffer since I can not type in this window. Also, if I minimize that window I can not use the other, real aquamacs, window at all until I unminimize it.
>
> It is mostly annoying since sometimes when I switch spaces back to the Aquamacs space this rogue "scratch buffer" window is on top and focused, meaning I must manually put focus back on the fullscreen aquamacs to continue working. Maybe that doesn't sound like much but it is very frustrating :)

I haven't seen such effects with the Aquamacs 2.1 fullscreen mode.  However, since 2.1 was released, we have made good progress with a new fullscreen mode.  I'd invite you to try it out - download the master branch nightly build from http://aquamacs.org/nightlies.shtml

I hope that'll address the problem.