[OS X Emacs] On Aquamacs 2.2, preview-latex images go to pdf, and not to screen

Michael Braun braunm at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 6 16:29:22 EDT 2011

I downgraded to Ghostscript 8.70, and deleted the preview.elc file, and all now works well.  I understand that 9.01 works for some, but I don't know why it doesnt work for me.

Thanks for everyone's help with this.

On Apr 6, 2011, at 11:19 AM, Jim Wise wrote:

> David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Aquamacs 2.2 should support the newer GhostScript 9.0.1 that you may
>> have installed, but due to a packaging problem, this change may not
>> take effect.  Try deleting this file from your Aquamacs distribution:
>>
>> /Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/aquamacs/edit-modes/auctex/preview.elc
>>
>> (adjust path to your installation).
>>
>> Let me know if that addresses the issue.
>
> Worked perfectly here, thanks!
>
> --
> 				Jim Wise
> 				jwise at draga.com

Michael Braun
Homer A. Burnell (1928) Career Development Professor,
	and Assistant Professor of Management Science (Marketing Group)
MIT Sloan School of Management
100 Main St.., E62-535
Cambridge, MA 02139
braunm at mit.edu