[OS X Emacs] On Aquamacs 2.2, preview-latex images go to pdf, and not to screen

Michael Braun braunm at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 6 11:21:36 EDT 2011

No, I'm sorry but deleting that file did not work.

Regarding the previous reply, can you please tell me exactly what I need to do to remove the "old" version of AucTeX and replace it?  I am having some trouble finding where to remove and re-install emacs packages in Aquamacs, and how to confirm which version is installed.

I have ghostscript 8.71 installed.  I did try installing 9.01 from MacPorts, but I hate MacPorts (slows down my computer, hard to maintain compatibility with other files, etc).  I could try installing gs 9.0.1 again, but it sounds like that is the cause of some of the problems.  But the problem should not be due to a difference between gs 8.71 and gs 9.0.1.  It just seems like preview-latex doesn't know to send the images to ghostscript (the screen), and not the pdf file.

On Apr 6, 2011, at 11:04 AM, David Reitter wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2011, at 10:14 AM, Michael Braun wrote:
>
>> Hi!  I just installed Aquamacs 2.2, and I'm having a problem with the preview-latex images.  Whenever I do a C-c C-p C-d (or similar), all of the preview images end up in a single pdf file, as opposed to being displayed in the document.  In this pdf file, each separate image is it's own, tightly cropped page.
>
> Aquamacs 2.2 should support the newer GhostScript 9.0.1 that you may have installed, but due to a packaging problem, this change may not take effect.
> Try deleting this file from your Aquamacs distribution:
>
> /Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/aquamacs/edit-modes/auctex/preview.elc
>
> (adjust path to your installation).
>
> Let me know if that addresses the issue.
>
> - David
>

> --
> http://aquamacs.org -- Aquamacs: Emacs on Mac OS X
> http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and support the Aquamacs Project!

Michael Braun
Homer A. Burnell (1928) Career Development Professor,
	and Assistant Professor of Management Science (Marketing Group)
MIT Sloan School of Management
100 Main St.., E62-535
Cambridge, MA 02139
braunm at mit.edu