[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs symbols getting cut off

Matias Eyzaguirre dented42 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 00:27:16 EDT 2011

I'm using Aquamacs for writing code in Haskell. I have my haskell mode set to transform groups of characters into symbols, so '->' becomes the unicode arrow character, and so on.

But the monospaced fonts that I have don't have all of the symbols, and so as normal it borrows them from a similar font. For some reason these symbols are being clipped, which is most annoying. For example it chops the tip off of right facing arrows so they look like a dash.

What should I do to make the symbols not be cut off?