[OS X Emacs] emacsclient with aquamacs: error opening socket

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Wed Jan 5 17:51:30 EST 2011

On 2011-01-05 17:44, Jack Repenning wrote:
> OK, I'm officially baffled.

Well, I'm perversely happy that this isn't too easy.

> On Jan 5, 2011, at 11:23 AM, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:
>
>> emacsclient: error accessing server file "/Users/oz/.emacs.d/server"
>>
>> That file is a socket, and appears to match what the server is creating (if I delete it and then launch Aquamacs or run server-start in a running Aquamacs, it reappears).
> That directory (.emacs.d) is empty on my system. If I delete the directory and launch Aquamacs, the directory gets recreated, but I never actually see the pipe file inside, and the mod DTM on the directory never changes (which I think it would, if the pipefile were created even momentarily).
>
> How do you launch Aquamacs? I either launch it as a Startup Item, or during tests like these, from the Dock.

I have Aquamacs in the Dock, but have it set to launch as a Startup
Item, and I don't normally kill it unless I'm logging out (which isn't
often).  I basically live in emacs....

It may be time to completely hide all my old configuration and go back
to stock emacs (shudder) just on the off chance something in there is
responsible....