[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs ignores initial-frame-alist height?

Patrik Jonsson patrik-junk at familjenjonsson.org
Mon Jan 10 16:38:00 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm having this issue with Aquamacs 2.1 where the initial frame height
is not preserved/respected. When I start aquamacs, I always have to
resize the height of the frame to be the full screen like I want. When
it's restarted, it reverts to making the frame maybe 10 lines shorter
than the screen. I tried customizing the height in the
initial-frame-alist (which initially was set to 118 I think) to a
higher number, but whatever larger value I set it to (128, 138...)
seems to have no effect; the initial frame is always the same,
slightly-too-small, height. (Setting it to a *smaller* value, though,
does make the frame smaller.)

Anyone have any idea what the problem is? (I'm running on dual 24"
portrait 1200x1920 monitors, in case that matters.)

Thanks,

/Patrik