[OS X Emacs] RefTeX label prefix

Fabien Vignes-Tourneret fabien.vignes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 11:00:16 EST 2011

Hi,

I would like your opinion about a little trouble I have with the RefTeX plugin in Emacs (in fact I use Aquamacs but I suspect that the problem would be the same with a regular Emacs). I defined new environments by customizing reftex-label-alist:
thm of type h and prefix thm:, and prop of type h and prefix prop:. As far as I understand, the type is used when Emacs prompts to ask which type of label it should display in the label menu. I would like my theorems and propositions to be displayed together. But it seems that two environments of the same type cannot have different prefixes. When I insert a prop environment in a .tex file, Emacs inserts a label like this: \label{thm:}. If I modify the type of prop to p say, then the inserted label is \label{prop:} but I can't display prop and thm labels at the same time (except if I display all label types of course).

Does anyone knows if there is a way to modify this RefTeX behaviour? Thanks a lot.

Fabien