[OS X Emacs] moving between buffers

Paul Rathouz rathouz at biostat.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 11 12:17:37 EST 2011

I assume you are talking about Aquamacs?

I am not sure of the logic, and have probably changed it eons ago in my
settings.

but, I find the easiest way to move among tabs is to use ALT-COM-LEFt or
ALT-COM-RIGHT arrows.  that will move in the way that you anticipate.

-- pr

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Jared Studyvin wrote:

> Hello,
> When I have multiple buffers open in a frame there are tabs with the file name and a number, the number seems to be given sequentially  as buffers are opened in the frame. I use C-x left or right arrow to move to the different buffers. What I can't understand is the logic behind the direction of the move. For example if I'm in the tab with a number 2 and type C-x left arrow I move to tab 3 or it opens the message buffer that I didn't want open, I would expect to be moved to tab 1. Can someone explain the logic or how to change the setting.
>
> Thanks,
> Jared

Paul Rathouz, PhD
Professor and Chair
Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
K6/446 CSC, Box 4675
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-4675
608.263.1706