[OS X Emacs] latex-aquamacs-greek characters

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jan 18 05:34:28 EST 2011

Am 18.01.2011 um 01:40 schrieb Marinos Koutsomichalis:

> I tried that and the terminal returned a > prompt instead of the
> normal one - no idea what to do next..

I have no idea how invoking "kpsexpand '$TFMFONTS'" can lead to the
effect you describe – maybe it helps to learn UNIX and TeX. It could
enable you to work more sanely and consciously with your computer...
Maybe it helps to install Mac OS X and MacTeX and additional software,
after erasing/re-formatting the disk, that everything old and
defective gets wiped out, so that you have a clean break and clean new
starting point. This "> prompt" could as well indicate that TeX is
completely fucked up.

And by "learning TeX" I'd recommend to learn the XeTeX and LuaTeX
variants – they're better suited for setting Greek texts (modern or
ancient) than pdfTeX or original TeX.

--
Greetings

   Pete