[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 2.3 released

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:10:06 EDT 2011

On Jul 29, 2011, at 1:14 PM, Tom Van Vleck wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2011, at 12:48 PM, Marinos Koutsomichalis wrote:
>> I think I' ve found a bug
>> if I copy a string with cmd-C and then I select some text and delete it with backspace and then cmd-V I get an error the clipboard does not contain valid data
>
> This happens for me also.

The quick fix for this is as follows, but it will break Services:

(defun x-select-text (text &optional push)
  "Put TEXT, a string, on the pasteboard.
Ignored if text was selected by mouse. PUSH is ignored."
  ;; ensure Services know the data type
  (when x-select-enable-clipboard
    ;; (x-own-selection-internal 'PRIMARY text)
    (ns-set-pasteboard text))
  (setq ns-last-selected-text text))

I'm working on something better.