[OS X Emacs] RE: Clojure on Aquamacs

Nick Rothwell nick at cassiel.com
Wed Jun 29 14:08:02 EDT 2011

On 28 Jun 2011, at 17:33, Andrew Naylor wrote:

> As for the version of Clojure itself, isn't that determined project-by-project, depending on what dependencies you put in in lein?

I honestly don't know: I ran lein just to get the swank machinery going, and haven't investigated it further.

> What do you mean by looking at the swank-clojure script; isn't that a jar?

I mean the file created in ~/.lein/bin - it's described in the "standalone server" section of

	https://github.com/technomancy/swank-clojure/blob/master/README.md

> How has your experience been with Aquamacs?  Do you also get auto-complete, breakpoints, function signatures in the minibuffer, etc. without too much trouble?

I've not tried - for now I'm happy with ^X ^E and ^C ^L.

> I'm using Technomancy's starter kit for Aquamacs, as well (to get package management and download packages from Marmalade, which is how he recommends doing it now).

I load package.el manually and add the marmalade repo to package-archives.

Sooner or later I'm going to want to build more complex systems, in which case I may well run into the same issues as you.

	-- N.

Nick Rothwell / Cassiel.com Limited
www.cassiel.com
www.linkedin.com/in/cassiel