[OS X Emacs] RE: Clojure on Aquamacs

Andrew Naylor naylor127 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 12:33:58 EDT 2011

My version of lein is 1.5.2, the latest; and my version of Aquamacs is the
latest, and I do have swank-clojure 1.3.1.  As for the version of Clojure
itself, isn't that determined project-by-project, depending on what
dependencies you put in in lein?  Does lein have a particular version of
clojure installed?  I don't think I've ever used 1.3.  What do you mean by
looking at the swank-clojure script; isn't that a jar?

I'm wondering if it could be a path issue, see this posting:
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_thread/thread/69800b5e9a75476f/1a64e4adf8405ca3?lnk=gst&q=aquamacs+michele#1a64e4adf8405ca3
My lein command is in a bin directory in my home directory, which doesn't
give me a problem when using Slime in other versions of Emacs.

But I wonder why it would work all the way up to making a REPL and then
stall if it were a path issue.

How has your experience been with Aquamacs?  Do you also get auto-complete,
breakpoints, function signatures in the minibuffer, etc. without too much
trouble?  The author of lein and swank-clojure advises against using it, but
the other versions of emacs are lacking in so many ways.  I'd really be
happy if I could get all this working with aquamacs.

I'm using Technomancy's starter kit for Aquamacs, as well (to get package
management and download packages from Marmalade, which is how he recommends
doing it now).

Andrew