[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs lost AUCTeX

Robert Morelli morelli at flux.utah.edu
Tue Mar 8 01:46:59 EST 2011

The Aquamacs on my laptop no longer loads AUCTeX for LaTeX files.

Everything was fine until I accidentally overwrote my
~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs
directory with the files from my desktop computer. The desktop computer has
files:
Preferences.el
Recent Files.el~
customizations.el
frame-positions.el
places.el
auto-save-list
minibuffer-history.el
semantic.cache

The Preferences.el only had comments, no lisp code. I have a .emacs file
in my home directory.

After this, my Aquamacs stopped loading AUCTeX. It also stopped doing
flyspell
the same way.

I tried deleting all of the files in ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs
Emacs, but this didn't help. I then
renamed my .emacs file but that didn't help either.

Any ideas?