[OS X Emacs] making auctex less "helpful"

José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Thu May 19 16:55:24 EDT 2011

Hi,

You can try M-x toggle-input-method, which is usually bound to C-\ .  That, of course, only toggles it -- the assumption being that it's on.

Cheers,
	José

On 19 May 2011, at 21:09, Art Werschulz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On May 19, 2011, at 2:24 PM, José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:
>
>> My guess is that the ~$ -> £ conversion is not due to AUCTeX but to the input system you are using.  (Possibly one of the latin-... input systems.)  You can always disable that.  I find it more convenient for the OS to take care of the input system, especially when I'm typing *TeX documents.
>
> How does one go about doing this?
>
> Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
> GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?
> Internet: agw STRUDEL comcast.net

Prof José Figueroa-O'Farrill
School of Mathematics
University of Edinburgh
PGP Key: 0x6A6BD529 (MIT PGP Key Server)

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.