[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs does not respect color scheme

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:41:33 EST 2011

On Nov 16, 2011, at 8:54 AM, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:

> For some reason, even though color-theme instructs emacs on OS X and
> on X11 to use certain RGB colors (I verified the *.el file to ensure
> they were right), only the X11 gets them right -- the OS X native
> version fails. This is my concern.

I have checked in a few changes along the lines of what I suggested in my earlier e-mail.  The builds on the "nightly build" page should be available in 30 minutes or so.

Please note that there is no such thing as "RGB colors".  They are all relative to a certain (RGB) color space.  The most widely used one is "sRGB", but that is only one. On top of that, the device calibration plays a role.  (With my change, I get pretty good results relative to Chrome and Safari, but Lion does unexpected things when changing displays and calibrations, so to test, one will have to restart applications after plugging in a new display.  But this is orthogonal to the Aquamacs behavior.)

Let me know if the new colors work better for you.