[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs: mouse does not work

Peter Geelan-Small peter.geelan-small at sydney.edu.au
Wed Oct 5 22:03:07 EDT 2011

G'day, Everyone.

I've just put Aquamacs on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. The version I've got is the one bundled with MacTeX 2011 in Extras. It's my first experience using Emacs on a Mac. I've used Emacs on IBM-compatibles for the last few years.

What I've seen of Aquamacs so far is very nice. However, I can't get the mouse to function in any window in Aquamacs - e.g. I can't highlight any text. This happens regardless of the type of document - whether it's .r or .tex, say. I can use it to click on menus in Aquamacs and to click in the minibuffer to enter things there. The mouse works happily (and contrarily!) in other software on the Mac.

Can anybody suggest how I could fix this, please?

Regards,

Peter