[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs: mouse does not work

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 22:58:44 EDT 2011

Peter,

On Oct 5, 2011, at 10:03 PM, Peter Geelan-Small wrote:
> What I've seen of Aquamacs so far is very nice. However, I can't get the mouse to function in any window in Aquamacs - e.g. I can't highlight any text. This happens regardless of the type of document - whether it's .r or .tex, say. I can use it to click on menus in Aquamacs and to click in the minibuffer to enter things there. The mouse works happily (and contrarily!) in other software on the Mac.

You can find out what version you're running via the About menu item.  (I didn't know MacTeX comes with Aquamacs - that's certainly nice to hear.)

Start up with "Start Aquamacs without customizations" from the "Help/Diagnose and Report Bug" menu, and try selecting some text.  This should work just like in any other application.

Thanks
- David