[OS X Emacs] environment variable PATH different (emacs shell / Mac's terminal)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Oct 12 18:52:43 EDT 2011

Am 13.10.2011 um 00:16 schrieb Marius Hofert:

> But that requires (?) to adjust it manually everytime PATH changes (and sometimes one does not know -- some program is appending things to PATH [afaik]).

For this reason I am using ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist. This is the only source where I actively set values. The values are then reused, for example as in:

	export PATH=$(defaults read "${HOME}/.MacOSX/environment" PATH)

To work with PLIST files the defaults utility is used, for other file types different utilities need to be used. Then it plays no role whether MacPorts or whatever alters the environment variable's value.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Nazionalismus ist die Religion der armen Schweine