[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs(mac) + remote emacsclient(linux)?
jrepenning at collab.net
Mon Sep 12 15:38:55 EDT 2011
Sorry, I've found plenty of partial answers in the dox and on the web, but I can't quite thread them all together. Is there a way?
I want to
- run Aquamacs on my "local" computer, the one with the keyboard and display
- and run emacs-server there inside
- open a local Terminal window
- ssh to the "remote" computer, and run something-like-emacsclient with no doubt some command args voodoo
- which connects back from the "remote" computer to my emacs-server
- causing it to use a Tramp URL to access the actual file
I've figured out how to drive Tramp appropriately, that part's working. But the emacsclient (--version 21.4) on the "remote" system, where the files are but no display, doesn't seem to speak network-ese:
> > emacsclient --help
> Usage: emacsclient [-a ALTERNATE-EDITOR] [-n] [--no-wait] [+LINE[:COLUMN]] FILENAME
> Or emacsclient --version
> Report bugs to bug-gnu-emacs at gnu.org.
And some of the web-found hints depend on X11, which of course, since I'm using Aquamacs, is no help, right?
CollabNet Cloud Services
8000 Marina Boulevard, Suite 600
Brisbane, California 94005
office: +1 650.228.2562
More information about the MacOSX-Emacs