[OS X Emacs] Re: problems updating org-mode on Aquamacs

Peter Salazar cycleofsong at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:35:23 EST 2012

Thanks everyone for the replies! After days of debugging, I finally figured
out what was happening.

Robert, you were right that the problems with compiling were due to
interference from another version of Emacs. I deleted everything and
started over and had no trouble compiling.

It turns out the spinning pinwheel was due to an incompatibility between
the new version of org-mode and a function I'm running called
hidestarsfile, which made my .org files nice and readable in other text
editors.

Hidestarsfile worked fine with my old org-mode, but for some reason with
the new version it causes endless pinwheeling. I removed that function from
my .emacs file and now everything is running smoothly.

But now I need a new way to make my .org files easily readable outside
Emacs without showing big rows of stars. Even better would be if the stars
showed up as # so they'd be readable with Markdown.