[OS X Emacs] grep/PowerPC? Mac OS X lion? Xcode?

Jack Repenning jrepenning at collab.net
Tue Jan 3 13:26:20 EST 2012

On Jan 3, 2012, at 9:18 AM, Juan M. Restrepo wrote:

> When I fire up aquamacs from the finder I get 13 finder error messages that say
> "You can't open the application grep because PowerPC applications are no longer supported"

I would start with "which -a grep", to find all the grep programs on your system, and then "file /a/b/c/grep" each of them, to find the one(s) that are PPC only. From that info, figure out how they were installed (e.g., MacPorts are in /opr/local/bin/, Fink in /sw/bin, and so on), and update that package.

I don't think you'll find any greps in any Xcode (/Developer) install.

-==-
Jack Repenning
Technologist
CollabNet Cloud Services