[OS X Emacs] Org mode keymap problem

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Wed Jan 18 04:00:04 EST 2012

Hello,

I have the following in my Preferences.el file:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (auto-fill-mode 1)
	    (define-key org-mode-map [kp-enter] 'org-meta-return)
	    (define-key org-mode-map [prior] 'org-metaup)
	    (define-key org-mode-map [next]  'org-metadown)
	    (define-key org-mode-map [home] 'org-metaleft)
	    (define-key org-mode-map [end] 'org-metaright)
	    ))

This allows me to use "fn" as my alt key and bypass the fact, for
instance, that "fn up" is actually the "prior" key.

Unfortunately, for some reason, some of these key bindings do not work
in org mode: the "prior" and "next" one are correctly bound, but the
"home" and "end" one remain bound to "beginning-of-buffer" and
"end-of-buffer".

Could someone give me a hand to try to figure this out? I'm using
Aquamacs 2.4.

Thanks,

Alan