[OS X Emacs] Opening files in a tab (not a frame)

Stephen R Anderson sra at yale.edu
Thu Jan 19 12:34:25 EST 2012

Apologies for a really elementary question, the answer to which I should be able to find for myself.  But after recent migrations from one system to another, with various things replaced, I find that Aquamacs now always opens a new file in a new frame.  It used to open new files in a new tab in the current frame, but I can't recall what had to be set for that to be the behavior.  Actually, what I would most like is for the File menu to offer both as options, but I'll settle for a way to get files to open in a new tab, which is what I usually want…

Thanks for your patience,

--
Steve Anderson