[OS X Emacs] Emacs for revisions/Track Changes?

Peter Salazar cycleofsong at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 17:06:48 EDT 2012

Is there a good way to track changes on a document I'm editing using Emacs?

I'm an editor, and people often send me a few paragraphs of text and ask
for my input. I line edit the copy and send it back to them, and it's
helpful for the person to be able to see exactly what I've changed and
where.

Microsoft Word's Track Changes function does this perfectly, providing a
clear visual representation of what I've added, what I've deleted, and what
I've moved, as well as showing any comments I've added. But I hate
Microsoft Word.

Is there an Emacs way to do this? A Markdown way? A web app? Or some HTML
tool that will annotate a document and highlight my deletions and
insertions?