[OS X Emacs] AUCTeX in Aquamacs 2.4

Slobodan Simic slobodan.simic at sjsu.edu
Sat Mar 17 10:21:36 EDT 2012

I recently upgraded to Aquamacs 2.4 after switching from Snow Leopard to Lion on my MacBook Pro (Intel). I mostly use Aquamacs + AUCTeX for editing documents in LaTeX. I have the latest LaTeX distribution, TeXLive-2011. However, after the upgrade, each time I open a LaTeX document I get the following error messages:

"You can't open the application kpsewhich because PowerPC applications are not longer supported."

"You can't open the application latex because PowerPC applications are not longer supported."

I am attaching a screenshot of the error messages. Despite the second message, LaTeX does work.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the error messages would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Slobodan Simic