[OS X Emacs] S-tab incorrety translated to C-y

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed May 23 07:49:15 EDT 2012

On May 23, 2012, at 3:04 AM, Gracjan Polak wrote:

>> It seems to be an Emacs 23 thing, since in 24, ns-alternatives-map just maps it to `backtab' as you suggest.
>
> How come this mapping is in Aquamacs that is based on emacs 24?

Aquamacs 2.x is based on Emacs 23.
Note that Emacs 24 has not been released yet!

>  If you send me a patch, I'll happily add it to Aquamacs 2.x for the next release.
>
> What should this patch have?
> - single S-tab remapping removed?

Yes.  And potentially other remappings removed that are incorrect.
Plus, an entry for changelog.tex and the right comments for the Git commit.

> - whole ns-win.el file replaced with the one from emacs 24?

No.  That won't work.

> - all of files in term/ replaced with those from emacs 24?

No.  It's all a complex ecosystem of code... this would cause problems.