[OS X Emacs] Problems with vertical scrolling

Maral Watanabe maral.watanabe at googlemail.com
Mon May 28 05:31:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

it seems that Aquamacs cannot always handle gestures for vertical scrolling correctly. Sometimes when I scroll up or down with two figures on my trackpad or my magic mouse the display of the buffer gets completely destroyed like in this screenshot (Dropbox link). The only way two correct the display is to force Aquamacs to redraw the buffer by maximizig the buffer window. If you have a close look at the picture you will find that the vertical scrollbar has no top arrow but only a bottom arrow. In fact the top arrow lies under the toolbar. In the screenshot the cursor is currently positioned in the middle of the buffer. If one moves the cursor to the first line by pressing the up arrow key the cursor and the highlighted current line moves under the toolbar. If one scrolls up and down from that position the buffer displays gets destroyed.

The problem occurs quite regular on my MacBook (model MacBook2,1 with 2 GB of memory and Mac OS X 10.6.8). Unfortunately I have not yet identified the concrete situation that produces the problem. I reckon it depends on the memory consumption or the processor utilization.

Would you regard this as a bug of Aquamacs or problem I have live with because my MacBook is not most up-to-date model.

best regards

Maral