[OS X Emacs] navigating headings in markdown-mode

Peter Salazar cycleofsong at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:54:49 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm using Aquamacs with markdown-mode. Two questions.

1. Markdown Mode <http://jblevins.org/projects/markdown-mode/> says you can
use the key binding SHIFT-TAB to cycle the global visibility of headings.
But when I hit SHIFT-TAB, I get "kill ring is empty," and I see that it's
invoking the "yank" command.

What's interfering with Markdown Mode here? I tried this:

(global-unset-key (kbd "<S-tab>") )

but it didn't make a difference. I still get "kill ring is empty"

How do I unset "yank" and reassign SHIFT-TAB to cycle global visibility?

2. In Markdown Mode, is there a way to open a subtree in an indirect
buffer?

Thanks!

Peter