[OS X Emacs] how do I add to the protected buffer list?

Peter Salazar cycleofsong at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:16:54 EDT 2012

On Aquamacs, how do I add a buffer to a list of protected buffers?

So that when I close it, it stays open in the background like *scratch* and
*messages*?

(Note: If I close it, I don't want it to give me an error message saying
"can't kill this buffer"—I want it to automatically hide itself, but
persist in the list of buffers under the "Window" menu as do *scratch* and
*Messages*.

Basically I want to have a new separate scratch buffer, called "work.org"
or something similar, that opens on launch and never closes.

Thanks!