[OS X Emacs] how do I control size of initial window?

Peter Salazar cycleofsong at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:28:57 EDT 2012

I want Aquamacs to launch with its initial buffer filling the whole screen
except for the menu bar—not OSX full-screen mode, which I find cumbersome,
but just as large as possible so that it fills my entire screen.

I can drag the window to the desired size, but Options -> Appearance ->
Adopt Face and Frame Parameters as Frame Default has no effect on the size
when I close and relaunch Aquamacs.

I also tried this:

'(initial-frame-alist (quote ((height . 120) (width . 120) (top . 0) (left
. 0))))

...but the only variable that seemed to have an effect was "width."
Otherwise Aquamacs still opened with space at the top of the frame.

Thanks!

So how do I set it so that it launches in the largest frame possible?