[OS X Emacs] R2L scripts - arrow keys?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 19:47:27 EST 2013

שלום
In right-to-left scripts, should Aquamacs use arrow keys that correspond to what is shown on the screen, i.e., left moves the cursor left, or should left move the cursor backwards?

In Emacs, left moves right in R2L scripts, and I find that inconsistent with other Mac applications.

Could those writing in Arabic or Hebrew let me know what is convenient?

Emacs 24 has better support for bidirectional text, and I think it would be important to get this right in Aquamacs 3.