[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Emacs 3.0preview available
david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 11:31:46 EST 2013
Aquamacs 3.0 (preview) is now available for download from http://aquamacs.org
This is a preview version; a regular release of Aquamacs 3.0 will be made soon. Please use it and report bugs (preferably with suggested patches).
• This Aquamacs is based on Emacs 24. Highlights:
• A major addition to Emacs 24 is its package managing system. (Start with M-x list-packages. Re-installing included packages is not recommended.)
• There is a new word count function (see Aquamacs Edit menu).
• Right-to-left text (Arabic, Person, Hebrew) is well supported now even when mixed with left-to-right text.
• Completion has been improved (e.g., it is connected to the CEDET Semantic library. When enabled, you can use M-Tab to complete symbols in C mode, for instance.)
• Aquamacs 3.x is distributed as a binary for 64-bit Intel Macs only. If you would like to run Aquamacs on a 32-bit Mac, or a PowerPC based Mac, you may still build it yourself from source, or use Aquamacs 2.5 or 2.4.
• `mouse-drag-copy-region' is enabled (non-nil), which maintain behavior similar to that of the previous Aquamacs and Emacs versions. Selecting some text with the mouse will add it to the kill-ring, so that users may insert it with C-y.
• paredit-mode is included (version 23), which provides operations that, in Lisp, preserve the integrity of the syntax trees (i.e., keep/delete s-expressions as a whole). See here for more information:http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ParEdit, and here for an informative screencast:http://emacsrocks.com/e14.html. Written by Taylor R. Campbell.
• markdown-mode (version 2.0) included. Written by Jason R. Blevins.
• The default directory for buffers is the home directory in OS X 10.9 "Mavericks'' as in previous OS X versions. Reported by Christopher Stacy.
• Isearch no longer aborts a search at seemingly random (but rare) times. Reported by Bill Sacks.
• Clicking on the Aquamacs dock icon will again create a new buffer or de-minimize a window, as is standard on OS X. Reported by Guy Gascoigne-Piggford.
http://aquamacs.org -- Aquamacs: Emacs on Mac OS X
http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and support the Aquamacs Project!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4151 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the MacOSX-Emacs