[OS X Emacs] auctex in new emacs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jul 11 05:12:13 EDT 2013

Am 11.07.2013 um 02:24 schrieb Arthur Ogus:

> This doesn't seem to be the way I did it on my home machine, since those
> files are fairly much untouched.

Did you document your way, your changes?

> I notice also that the file you say should contain local settings contains the following:
>
> TEXMFCONFIG = ~/Library/texlive/2013/texmf-config

The file, /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf.cnf, is created and this line is inserted by MacTeX 2013.

> which I assume means that I should really change the files in my own Library
> folder.  (note:  I'm using the 2013 distribution now).

Just change the value of TEXMFCONFIG to point to your library.

> Can you specify exactly what should go in the file to turn on that option
> (file-line-error mode)?

The original texmf.cnf file contains

	file_line_error_style = f

with "f" standing for false. So put into /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf.cnf that line:

	file_line_error_style = t

If you continue to see the reported failures it might be necessary to refresh all FMT files.

The AUCTeX documentation states for version 11.83 and newer releases:

	TeX error messages of the -file-line-error kind are now understood in AUCTeX and preview-latex (parsers are still separate).

So it should work with both settings. Another option is to run the TeX binaries with -no-file-line-error or -file-line-error. The binaries also understand -file-line-error-style.

--
Greetings

  Pete

And always remember the last words of my grandfather, who said: “A truck!”
				— Emo Phillips