[OS X Emacs] Enriched mode - save to RTF?

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Thu Jul 25 06:00:32 EDT 2013

On Jul 25, 2013, at 00:45, David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to hide the markup, such as === for headlines, or ** for bold text?
> Emacs itself has the underlying capabilities to do this.

This certainly could be done, but I haven't seen it done for markdown yet.
(With markdown-mode, futzing with the font-lock keywords should do most of what you need.)
By the way, where would you stop?  E.g., how would you show links?  Footnotes?

> As you can see, I am toying with the un-Emacs like idea of making simple WYSIWYG editing happen.

That would not be for me, but I can understand the desire to focus on the text.

Grüße, Carsten