[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs code signing makes some hacks difficult

Jamie Taylor Jamie.Taylor at pobox.com
Mon Jun 24 19:22:37 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 09:47:03PM -0400, David Reitter wrote:
> Aquamacs 2.5, as signed, starts up just fine after changes to the Info.plist - provided these changes were
> made after the initial startup on that machine.

Oh, it hadn't even occurred to me that the signature is only verified once.
That does make things a bit easier (up until I want to copy the app to a different machine).

> Can't you simply delete the _CodeSignature directory from within the .app bundle?

rm -r Aquamacs.app/Contents/_CodeSignature
results in a dialog that says the app "is damaged and can't be opened", and
offers to move it to the trash.

> > and of course probably what I should have done some time ago
> > 4) see if I can get the changes incorporated into the default distribution
>
> +1.
>
> Scheme files should definitely be supported.  Please send me a patch!

ok, will do.

Jamie