[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs code signing makes some hacks difficult

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 19:39:51 EDT 2013

On Jun 24, 2013, at 7:22 PM, Jamie Taylor <Jamie.Taylor at pobox.com> wrote:

>> Can't you simply delete the _CodeSignature directory from within the .app bundle?
>
> rm -r Aquamacs.app/Contents/_CodeSignature
> results in a dialog that says the app "is damaged and can't be opened", and
> offers to move it to the trash.

Right, that actually makes sense.  Otherwise, a trojan could modify a host app and just remove the signature.

Nightly builds would be your best bet, or making your own binaries.
We can see to it that Info.plist gets excluded from the signature if there are important use cases.

For now, I'd say, please submit your patches and we'll merge them into the mainline.