[OS X Emacs] Build Aquamacs from source

roadie roadie at zenroadie.org
Mon Aug 11 20:47:52 EDT 2014

Newbie question:
How can I build Aquamacs from source? I would like to pass —disable-ns-self-contained to configure and also to build it with ImageMagick support. I use homebrew and would pass /usr/local/Cellar as destination for the lisp location.
I tried inserting the —disable-ns-self-contained string into the configure line in build24.sh and also tried just using the build script but it gives me the following error:

/bin/sh: ./temacs: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 1
make: *** [src] Error 2

What am I missing?

os x 10.9.4  - case sensitive FS