[OS X Emacs] Build Aquamacs from source

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 11:00:43 EDT 2014

Hi Roadie,

The build script is pretty much what we’re using to do the nightly builds.  Take a look at nightly-build.sh.
This works for me and others on new installs.

If temacs is missing, something else went wrong earlier.  Check the error messages.

As for your modifications:  ImageMagick should be no problem.  Building a non-self-contained Aquamacs: you’re in new territory there.  I don’t see anything in principle that prevents this from working (with the right adjustment of paths here and there), but Aquamacs was not designed to support this.

- David